Thursday, November 4, 2004

Prepare for Life in a Police State

OK.

Faced with my future life in a police state, I've decided to take up blogging as therapy (cuz once a week with my paid one isn't going to cut it.) We'll see how long this lasts. emdot told me that I needed to write everyday, and since I got that directive, I haven't put pen to paper or finger to keyboard once.

So, here goes....

I've spent the last two days in the fetal position. When I look at all that red, all I see is intolerance. I see people who are willing to hand over their money, and their freedom to a war-mongering imperialist in exchange for the hope that he will ensure that gay people will not be given governmental benefits granted to married people, and the hope that abortion will be outlawed.

The thing is, the good people of this country, left without health insurance, left with an increasingly illiterate electorate, left with longer working hours for less pay...they can not stop gay people from getting married. That is part of the separation of church and state. Marriage is not up to the government. Marriage is up to the individuals envolved, it is up to the church that they belong to, and the minister, friend, or stranger that marries them. Yes, they may keep them from having custody of their children or stop them from seeing their partner in the hospital if a tragedy should befall them. But they will not be able to irradicate homosexuality or commitment. That is their aim and it will NEVER happen.

And abortion...it's always been around. If they want to keep qualified doctors from performing abortions, they can leave it up to amateur quacks. They can gloat smugly when they read about young girls dying in back alleys. Oh wait, they won't read about that. The media will be solely owned and operated by a covert arm of the government. Alright, I'll stop before I get to 'conspiracy theorist'... I'll save that for another day.

So when I look at the Red Sea, it makes me sad. They are depriving only themselves from a better life. And I'm also sad that, we as a country, are separated that way--blue and red. Only 54% of 'super-liberal' California voted for Kerry. And my home county of San Luis Obispo, CA would have elected Bush. The electoral college is another way of pitting the Heartland against us crazy liberals. I'm so fucking sorry for wanting EVERYONE to be educated and have health care and to be free from persecution for speaking their mind. I want simple things... What is wrong with everyone?

No comments: