Thursday, November 24, 2011

Doccubustless...or, nipple-less really

So, we all know that sex scenes are choreographed as much as fight scenes...except people are in various stages of undress, but with a little suspension of disbelief the audience can still get caught up in the moment. Or, should, that's the point after all...but I seem to always find myself focusing on the wrong things. It's probably akin to walking in on a couple at an inopportune moment and uncomfortably offering, "Wow, your wallpaper is so nice." (I almost said rug, heh. That would have defeated my example.) Anyway, in this case, Lauren and Bo are getting it on in a super Doccubusty-lusty scene and I keep thinking, How do they keep their boobs where they're supposed to be?? Now if this was on HBO, this wouldn't be an issue. So, what do you think? Boob tape? Lighting? Just really careful placement of arms?
If they can turn Bo's eyes blue in post, I'm sure they can airbrush out a nipple here or there. It's a mystery. I guess I'll just have to watch this scene over and over until I figure it out... Hey, this is a purely technocratic exercise...

No comments: